Be Your Own Producer: ABFF Interview with Pryor Hill Productions
In this in-depth interview done both at their screening of How To Tell You’re A Douchebag, and then after the American Black Film Festival’s 20th Anniversary Awards Ceremony, we find out how Julius Pryor and Marttise Hill leveraged a passion for film into a balanced, entrepreneurial life.
– how they handle gatekeepers
– what film production taught them about business
– how they struck a balance as entrepreneurs and got into a “relaxed, professional flow”
– what the “25-to-5” ratio does for them
– how football brought them together
– how they make filmmaking better for their collaborators
– what’s next for them (including a sneak listen to 3 upcoming films you don’t want to miss)
– their thoughts on crowd-funding
they answered live audience questions
This inspirational, practical hour is well-worth your listening ear!